Can Fed Hawks Win in 2013?
Flader said he believed a larger question that must be solved before the Fed can make a grand decision like ending its quantitative easing programs is to see what Congress does in the coming months.
With a looming debt ceiling battle, a solution to the sequestration and possible entitlement reforms with regards to the budget, the Fed may wait for these matters to be settled before it makes a determination whether there is enough stability for the bank to pull back.
If legislators smoothly figure out these issues, and business growth improves in the second half of the year, then the hawks may be perched in a fine nest.
-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.>Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV