The physician, Dr. Samin Sharma, is director of Clinical and Interventional Cardiology, dean of International Clinical Affiliations, and president of the Mount Sinai Heart Network, at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York.
Dr. Sharma explained further, "For these patients, physicians have a new technology to reach the blockage and restore blood flow with ease and confidence." For ABT that's the kind of endorsement that money just can't buy and should help make the sales of the new coronary stent system a significant new addition to the company's cash flow.
Abbott will report quarterly earnings and no doubt comment on its dividend on Jan. 21.
Let me close with a five-year chart that speaks volumes about ABT's success both as a company and as a diversified provider of many far-reaching health-care and medical products. Its free cash flow yield and its remarkable increase in quarterly income from continuing operations is nothing less than impressive.
ABT Free Cash Flow Yield data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV