Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund, Inc. (the “Fund”) (NYSE: KYE) today provided a summary unaudited statement of assets and liabilities and announced its net asset value and asset coverage ratios under the Investment Company Act of 1940 (the “1940 Act”) as of December 31, 2012.
As of December 31, 2012, the Fund’s net assets were $868 million, and its net asset value per share was $24.47. As of December 31, 2012, the Fund’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to senior securities representing indebtedness was 460% and the Fund’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to total leverage (debt and preferred stock) was 320%.
Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund, Inc.
|Statement of Assets and Liabilities|
|December 31, 2012|
|(in millions)||Per Share|
|Receivable for securities sold||1.3||0.04|
|Credit facility borrowings||1.0||0.03|
|Payable for securities purchased||0.7||0.02|
|The Fund had 35.47 million common shares outstanding as of December 31, 2012.|
As of December 31, 2012, equity and debt investments were 87% and 13%, respectively, of the Fund’s long-term investments of $1.3 billion. Long-term investments were comprised of MLP and MLP Affiliate (48%), U.S. and Canadian Upstream Income Trusts (10%), Marine Transportation & Other (16%), Coal (1%), Midstream & Utilities (12%) and Debt (13%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV