MONROE, La., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) today announced it is combining its network services business sales and operations teams into one organization, reporting to Chief Operating Officer Karen Puckett. The reorganization is effective immediately.
The reorganization combines business sales and operations functions that currently reside in the company's Enterprise Markets Group – Network Services and Regional Markets Group organizations. The company's Wholesale Markets Group (WMG) and Enterprise Markets Group – Data Hosting segments are not impacted by the organizational realignment. Beginning with the first quarter of 2013, the company will report the following four segments in its financial statements: Consumer, Business, Wholesale and Data Hosting services.
Savvis, a CenturyLink company that delivers cloud, colocation and managed hosting services, will continue to operate as a sales- and service-focused organization in the Data Hosting segment with Jim Ousley continuing as chief executive officer of Savvis and Jeff Von Deylen continuing as president of Savvis."Our business segment continues to grow, and this organizational shift streamlines our end-to-end service delivery, support and sales to our network services enterprise customers by creating one cohesive organization focused on them," said CenturyLink Chief Executive Officer and President Glen F. Post, III. Post reaffirmed the company's commitment to maintain its local market focus in the company's service areas across 37 states. "Our local operating model is a key component in the success of our business and consumer service and sales," he said. "In addition to her new responsibilities, Karen will continue to retain all of her existing duties, including our local market teams and consumer-focused operations. She is a proven effective leader and will ensure our continued strong focus on our customers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV