Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Bet on the Thoroughbreds
Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The dogs will remain dogs, but the thoroughbreds are still worth betting on. That was Jim Cramer's assessment of the Dow Jones Industrial Average going into 2013.
Cramer told his "Mad Money" viewers Thursday that 2013 should be a lot better than 2012 for the Dow, and he gave a quick assessment of all the Dow stocks to show why.Starting from the best performers in 2012, Cramer said that Bank Of America (BAC) remains cheap, despite its 108% gain last year. Bigger gains will come, he said, as the housing recovery continues. Home Depot (HD) continues to take market share, which makes that stock a winner as well. Cramer said that Walt Disney (DIS) can extend its 32% rally last year thanks to strong attendance at its parks and strong entertainment properties. And while he's not as bullish on JPMorgan Chase (JPM), American Express (AXP) and Travelers (TRV), Cramer expects all three to still have a good 2013. Cramer was also bullish on General Electric (GE), a stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV