Subaru Announces All-Time Annual Sales Record
Fourth-quarter sales increase by 25.8 percent as year-to-date sales ascend by 14.9 percent.
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 3, 2013 /CNW/ - For the first time in its 37-year history, Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) has broken a new barrier with 31,003 units sold in 2012. This record-breaking annual sales result was enjoyed by all four regions as year-to-date sales rose by 14.9 percent. The Japanese automaker is thrilled to report that record December sales of 2,814 units have propelled monthly results up 12.9 percent in its eighth consecutive month of growth.
"This year marked the introduction of groundbreaking models and technology at Subaru," said Shiro Ohta, president and CEO of Subaru Canada, Inc. "In addition to introducing the brand new, multiple award-winning Subaru BRZ as well as the XV Crosstrek to our lineup, we debuted our new EyeSight driver-assist system on the redesigned 2013 Legacy and Outback. These sales numbers reflect the fact that Canadians are responding to the safety and value inherent in the Subaru brand. Automotive Lease Guide has named us its Best Mainstream Brand three years running and, most recently, the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety has once again distinguished Subaru as the only manufacturer to have a TOP SAFETY PICK for every model it builds. Under these tough market conditions, Subaru has proven itself to be a smart alternative to mainstream brands."
About Subaru Canada, Inc.Subaru Canada, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of over 85 authorized dealers across Canada. For more information, please visit www.subaru.ca or www.pr.subaru.ca. SOURCE Subaru Canada Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV