Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development, deployment and management of business applications, announced today results for its fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year ended November 30, 2012.
As of the fiscal fourth quarter of 2012, the results of all non-Core product lines are reported in discontinued operations because those product lines have been divested or are under agreement to be divested, and have also met the accounting criteria for such classification. Continuing operations include the results of the Core product lines and principally general and administrative costs related to the non-Core product lines, which do not qualify for discontinued operations. References to the Core product lines or Core segment include Progress® OpenEdge® platform, DataDirect® Connect products and the Decision Analytics portfolio (comprising Progress Apama®, Progress Corticon® BRMS and the Progress Control Tower®). References to the non-Core product lines include Actional, Artix, DataXtend, FuseSource, ObjectStore, Orbacus, Orbix, Savvion, Shadow and Sonic.
Revenue from continued and discontinued operations was $121.7 million in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2012, compared to $136.3 million in the same quarter last year. Non-GAAP EPS was $0.42 in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2012, compared to $0.34 in the same quarter last year.
Consolidated results in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2012 were:
- Revenue was $91.3 million, essentially flat on a constant currency basis year over year, or down 2% using actual exchange rates, and excludes $30.5 million and $42.8 million of revenue from discontinued operations in the current quarter and same quarter last year, respectively;
- Income from operations was $16.9 million compared to $28.4 million in the same quarter last year;
- Income from continuing operations was $11.6 million compared to $17.2 million in the same quarter last year;
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.18 compared to $0.27 in the same quarter last year; and
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.23 compared to $0.36 in the same quarter last year.
- Core revenue was $91.3 million, essentially flat to the same quarter last year on a constant currency basis, or a decrease of 2% using actual exchange rates;
- Core income from operations was $27.2 million compared to $42.7 million in the same quarter last year; and
- Operating margin for the Core segment was 30%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV