Progress Software Corporation
(NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development, deployment and management of business applications, announced today results for its fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year ended November 30, 2012.
As of the fiscal fourth quarter of 2012, the results of all non-Core product lines are reported in discontinued operations because those product lines have been divested or are under agreement to be divested, and have also met the accounting criteria for such classification. Continuing operations include the results of the Core product lines and principally general and administrative costs related to the non-Core product lines, which do not qualify for discontinued operations. References to the Core product lines or Core segment include Progress® OpenEdge® platform, DataDirect® Connect products and the Decision Analytics portfolio (comprising Progress Apama®, Progress Corticon® BRMS and the Progress Control Tower®). References to the non-Core product lines include Actional, Artix, DataXtend, FuseSource, ObjectStore, Orbacus, Orbix, Savvion, Shadow and Sonic.
Revenue from continued and discontinued operations was $121.7 million in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2012, compared to $136.3 million in the same quarter last year. Non-GAAP EPS was $0.42 in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2012, compared to $0.34 in the same quarter last year.
Consolidated results in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2012 were:
- Revenue was $91.3 million, essentially flat on a constant currency basis year over year, or down 2% using actual exchange rates, and excludes $30.5 million and $42.8 million of revenue from discontinued operations in the current quarter and same quarter last year, respectively;
- Income from operations was $16.9 million compared to $28.4 million in the same quarter last year;
- Income from continuing operations was $11.6 million compared to $17.2 million in the same quarter last year;
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.18 compared to $0.27 in the same quarter last year; and
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.23 compared to $0.36 in the same quarter last year.
Results for the Core segment in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2012 were:
- Core revenue was $91.3 million, essentially flat to the same quarter last year on a constant currency basis, or a decrease of 2% using actual exchange rates;
- Core income from operations was $27.2 million compared to $42.7 million in the same quarter last year; and
- Operating margin for the Core segment was 30%.
Phil Pead, President and Chief Executive Officer of Progress Software, said, "Overall, we are pleased with our performance in the fiscal fourth quarter. During the quarter we remained focused on executing on our strategic plan and now enter 2013 with substantially all non-Core assets divested. I am also pleased that we have hired Chris Perkins, who will start as Chief Financial Officer on February 1, 2013."