SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accuray Incorporated (Nasdaq: ARAY) announced today preliminary results for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 that ended December 31, 2012 and updated guidance for fiscal 2013. Non-GAAP results are provided to enhance understanding of Accuray's ongoing core results of operations. The company also is announcing a restructuring of operations.
Preliminary consolidated GAAP revenues for second quarter fiscal 2013 are expected to be in the range of $72 million to $75 million and total non-GAAP revenue of $72 million to $75 million. By comparison, for the second quarter of fiscal 2012, total GAAP revenue was $106.4 million and total non-GAAP revenue was $102.9 million. Based on these preliminary estimates, product revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 declined 45-50 percent versus the prior year period, while service revenue posted an increase of 13-15 percent year over year, both in terms of non-GAAP results. Net loss on a non-GAAP basis is expected to be in a range of $25 million to $30 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
Net orders to backlog are estimated to be in the range of $15 million to $17 million and product backlog is expected to be in the range of $275 million to $280 million for the second fiscal quarter 2013, down from $294 million at the end of the prior quarter.
The second fiscal quarterly results reflect a shortfall relative to expectations, which is attributable to challenges faced in two primary areas of the business: (1) manufacturing and supply related issues, which delayed contribution from new products launched at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), and (2) commercial focus and salesforce transitional issues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV