Hartford Mutual Funds has hired Gregory Frost, 42, as chief financial officer. Frost was formerly CFO of Janus Capital Group Inc., a NYSE-listed global investment firm with $158 billion in assets under management.
“Greg joins us at a very exciting time for our business and will play a significant role in our growth and development,” said James Davey, executive vice president of Hartford Mutual Funds. “Greg is a great addition to the senior leadership team and will provide financial perspective and analysis for key initiatives aimed at improving our business performance.”
As Janus’ CFO, Frost was responsible for accounting, SEC reporting, finance, corporate tax, and treasury. He brings over 15 years of experience in the asset management industry to the business. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
The fund family also recently hired four new external advisor consultants: James Gilbarty, formerly with New York Life’s Main Stay Investments, who will serve non-wirehouse firms in New York City; Joffrey Pearlman, formerly with PIMCO and Allianz, who will serve wirehouse firms in New York City; Chris Malkin, who will serve non-wirehouse firms in Washington, D.C.; and Peter Bentley, formerly with Janus Capital Group, who will serve wirehouse firms in northern California.“These new external hires give us the presence and coverage we need in major metropolitan centers to help us increase sales of Hartford Mutual Funds,” said Jeffrey Reiss, senior vice president of national sales. The personnel additions come on the heels of the fund family’s recently expanded relationship with Wellington Management, LLP, which now serves as the primary sub-adviser for more than 50 equity, fixed-income, mixed-asset, asset-allocation, and target-retirement funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV