Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC), a worldwide leader in universal remote control technologies and control interfaces, is bringing the latest innovations in universal control and accessories for connected home entertainment to CES 2013.
Key Technology Demonstrations
At this year’s CES, UEI will demonstrate several new universal remote concepts and second screen solutions for complete universal control of home entertainment devices:
Making Smart Devices an Integral Part of the Home Entertainment ExperienceTablets and smartphones are quickly becoming a regular part of the home entertainment ecosystem. According to Nielsen Research, almost 90 percent of tablet and smartphone owners in the U.S. use their smart screen device while watching TV at least once during a month; almost 70% are doing this several times a week. With several design wins on leading mobile handset and tablet device manufacturers under their belt, UEI will demonstrate their comprehensive solution for embedded control in 2 nd screen devices. This includes their global device control database and industry-leading UEI QuickSet, coupled with features such as Cloud Services, and a comprehensive range of small footprint infrared microcontrollers for quick integration in any smart device. UEI Control Plus Simplify the home entertainment setup and control experience across all AV devices with UEI Control Plus. This solution addresses common consumer challenges in universal device control, such as mode confusion and input switching. With UEI Control Plus technology, consumers switch easily between activities and reliably view their chosen content source. Features of this product include:
- Automated Setup – automatically detects and sets up most IP and HDMI-connected devices.
- Dynamic Key Mapping – remote buttons automatically map to appropriate devices based on the active content source device
- One Touch View (OTV) – a single button press instantly gets the user to their chosen content.
- Smart device integration – brings universal control into second screen apps
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV