This Day On The Street
Continue to site
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

The (Very) Rich Get (Much) Richer: Opinion

What about the trillionaires?

There is somewhere in the vicinity of $200 trillion in total debt floating around the global economy comprising total sovereign, corporate, and personal debt. Who holds the IOUs?

It's not governments. They're all debtors. It's not the corporations. They're (almost) all leveraged-to-the-hilt with debt, because in the Age of the Oligopoly all their time, energy and financial resources are going into buying up other corporations. It's certainly not the Little People. Even in (supposedly) "wealthy" Western economies, personal debt-levels have never been higher, meaning net wealth has never been lower.

We know from Bloomberg's own numbers the total wealth of the (supposed) "richest people" is a mere $1.9 trillion and that is all of their wealth combined. Who is holding the IOUs on the other 99% of this $200 trillion in debt? The trillionaires.

These are the people who are so wealthy that their wealth hasn't even been "discovered" yet by the sleuths at Bloomberg -- and likely never will. Even at currently artificially low interest rates, these Vampire Trillionaires blood-suck the global economy for $trillions every year in interest payments alone.

This is why (real) economic growth is now impossible for all but the most-robust (or least-indebted) economies. In a $70 trillion global economy, we have the trillionaires skimming roughly 10% per year off the top, for themselves. What readers must understand is that this "taxation" of the entire global economy by the Trillionaires -- in the form of interest payments -- is essentially nothing less than the proceeds of crime.

We start with income taxation, a form of taxation which (as a matter of arithmetic) must impoverish the bottom-80% over time, turning them into debtors. Most of the rest of the top-20% prosper moderately under this extremely corrupt form of taxation, while (as we have seen) the oligarchs get a complete free ride.

With the bottom 80% turned into impoverished debtors, this starves our consumption-based economies of revenue. This "revenue crisis" , in turn, turns our governments into massive debtors. Even modest levels of public/social services can no longer be maintained by the trickle of tax revenue flowing in.

These $trillions per year which the trillionaires are siphoning out of the global economy (and into their own wealth hoards) are being extorted out of the global economy via an entirely corrupt economic system.

The very, very rich are not simply getting much, much richer. They are doing so by stealing from everyone else.

This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
3 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
SYM TRADE IT LAST %CHG
AAPL $112.07 -0.75%
FB $90.52 0.88%
GOOG $625.20 -1.90%
TSLA $247.27 1.80%
YHOO $33.31 -1.10%

Markets

Chart of I:DJI
DOW 16,604.36 -50.41 -0.30%
S&P 500 1,987.18 -0.48 -0.02%
NASDAQ 4,808.3730 -4.3350 -0.09%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs