SOUTH WALTON, Fla., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- South Walton, a collection of 16 beach neighborhoods along Northwest Florida's coast, is a timeless destination where families return year after year to relive cherished vacation memories and find their perfect beach. There are many new experiences awaiting guests in 2013, including:
- Readers of Travel + Leisure magazine have named the South Walton neighborhood of Seaside the number one family beach, ranking above popular beaches in the Caribbean and beyond.
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort has been named the "Best of Weddings" for 2013 by The Knot. Sandestin is noted by brides throughout Florida and beyond for its scenic views from the beach to the bay.
New Arts & Culture Offerings
- South Walton will be featured on celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse's upcoming Cooking Channel TV series " Emeril's Florida". In an episode airing in early 2013, Emeril travels to South Walton to experience the highly acclaimed local cuisine.
- The annual ArtsQuest Fine Arts and Music Festival celebrates its 25 th year in 2013. Previously held in Seaside, this year's event will be held Mother's Day weekend in WaterColor and feature more than 130 international artists.
- Each year, South Walton selects an artist in residence to represent the destination and its thriving arts community. The 2013 Artist of the Year, folk artist Andy Saczynski, uses recycled materials to capture the true beauty of the destination and its spirit of preservation.
- A new state-of-the-art movie theater will open next spring at Grand Boulevard. Carmike Cinemas' Boulevard 10 will feature 10 screens, 1,800 seats and two special auditoriums: BIGD and Ovation Club.
- Florida Trend recognized six South Walton restaurants with its prestigious Golden Spoon Awards. Vin'tij, Bud & Alley's, Fish Out of Water and Restaurant Fire were among the best restaurants in Northwest Florida. V Seagrove received an award as one of Florida's Best New Restaurants and Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, with a location in Sandestin, was recognized as a Best Brand.
- The 30A Wine Festival will be held March 9-10, 2013. This intimate, two-day event hosted in Alys Beach includes wine tastings and seminars, a symposium, champagne brunch and more. This is the first year the event will be hosted by Visit South Walton as a signature event.