Chrysler Group LLC Announces 'Autorama High School Design Competition 2013' To Benefit United Way For Southeastern Michigan
Students have until 5 p.m. (EST) Friday, Feb. 8 to submit their drawing to their designated teacher or counselor at their school.
The judging panel will include designers from the Chrysler Group Product Design Office, along with faculty from CCS and Detroit Autorama.
"Transportation Design is an important program to CCS's educational environment and to the life of the auto industry as a whole," said Mark West, Paul and Helen Farago Chair of Transportation Design at College for Creative Studies. "Initiatives like the 'Autorama High School Design Competition' help us sustain the growth of the program. An important feat, in part, because our program supplies more automotive designers to the industry than any other school in the world."
Finalists will be notified on Feb. 22. Winners will be announced at the special award presentation event on Mar. 8 at Cobo Hall in Detroit to help kick off the 61st annual Detroit Autorama.Competition winners will receive the following prizes:
- Freshman-junior class finalists:
- First place receives an iPad, summer automotive design course at CCS and three passes to Detroit Autorama
- Second place receives a summer automotive design course at CCS and three passes to Detroit Autorama
- Senior class finalists:
- First place receives an iPad, summer automotive design course at CCS or $5,000 scholarship to CCS (if accepted), three passes to Detroit Autorama and a tour of Chrysler Group's Product Design Office in Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Second place receives a summer automotive design course at CCS, three passes to Detroit Autorama and a tour of Chrysler Group's Product Design Office
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV