BENTON HARBOR, Mich., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Whirlpool Corporation's (NYSE: WHR) commitment to innovation in its cooking products was recognized with numerous top ratings from a leading consumer magazine. The company received No. 1 ratings in both the 30-inch and 36-inch electric smoothtop categories, and took the top five spots in the wall oven category.
"This type of recognition demonstrates the value of our ongoing investments in innovation, design and U.S. manufacturing," said Marc Bitzer, president of Whirlpool Corporation's North America region.During the past 101 years Whirlpool Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, has introduced cooking innovations that have improved the way consumers prepare meals. These innovations are a direct result of the company's investments in its U.S. operations. Earlier this year the company opened a $200 million, one million square foot state-of-the art manufacturing plant and 400,000 square foot distribution center in Cleveland, Tenn., demonstrating its commitment to delivering the world's most innovative cooking products. Several Whirlpool Corporation brands -- including Whirlpool, Maytag and KitchenAid -- were recognized as top cooking products:
- The company swept the top five spots in the wall oven category with the No. 1 Whirlpool (WOS92EC0AH), Maytag (MEW9530AW), KitchenAid (KEBS109BWW), Whirlpool (WOS51EC0AS) and Maytag (MEW7530AW) respectively.
- Maytag brand took the top two spots in the 36-inch electric smoothtop category with No. 1 Maytag (MEC7536W) and Maytag (MEC7636W).
- KitchenAid took the No. 1 spot in the 30-inch smoothtop category with the KitchenAid (KECC604BBL), while Maytag took the next two spots with Maytag (MEC7430WS) and Maytag (G7CE3034XP).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts