Another under-$10 name that's trending very close to triggering a major breakout trade is QuickLogic (QUIK), which develops and markets low power programmable solutions that enable customers to add features to their mobile, consumer and industrial products. This stock has been trending lower during the last three months, with shares off by 15.6%.
If you take a look at the chart for QuickLogic, you'll see that this stock has just started to bounce strongly off its 50-day moving average of $2.24 a share with decent upside volume. Volume today has already hit 140,000 shares traded which is not far from its three-month average action of 190,672 shares. This bounce is quickly pushing shares of QUIK within range of triggering a major breakout trade.Market players should now look for long-biased trades in QUIK if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.45 to its 200-day moving average at $2.58 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 190,672 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then QUIK will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $3.02 to $3.05 a share or possible even $3.29 a share. Traders can look to buy QUIK off any weakness and then simply use a stop that sits just below its 50-day at $2.24 a share or around some key near-term support at $2.14 a share. One could also buy QUIK off strength once it takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits just below its 50-day at $2.24 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV