ITASCA, Ill., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) today announced the acquisition of Argus Benefits in Atlanta, Georgia. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 2001, Argus Benefits offers a wide range of employee benefit consultation and insurance brokerage services for their mid-size corporate clients throughout the southern United States. They specialize in health and welfare benefit plan strategy, design, implementation, and administration. Robert W. Taylor, Jr. and his associates will continue to operate in their Atlanta and Jacksonville, Florida locations under the direction of David Ziegler, Eastern Region Executive Vice President of Gallagher's employee benefit consulting and brokerage operations.
"Over the years, Argus Benefits has developed an outstanding reputation for their ability to design and build solid benefit solutions. Their ability to customize plans to fit their clients' unique concerns and their focus on quality team service will fit well within our sales and service culture," said J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., Chairman, President and CEO. "Our newest colleagues will also help us expand our benefit footprint in Georgia and will be a great complement to our employee benefits operation in the Southeast. We are pleased to welcome Rob and his team to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an international insurance brokerage and risk management services firm, is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, has operations in 18 countries and offers client-service capabilities in more than 110 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.CONTACT: Marsha J. Akin Director - Investor Relations630-285-3501/ email@example.com
SOURCE Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV