Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) will unveil the next generation of products and services for Iris™, its cloud-based smart home solution, at the 2013 International CES. Initially launched in July 2012, Iris enables homeowners to monitor and control their home from anywhere via smart phone, tablet or computer with a free basic level of service. At the 2013 International CES, Lowe’s will showcase more than 15 new Iris™ devices and services to make homes safer and more efficient, while providing unique convenience features for homeowners.
Additionally, to help support the growing needs of today’s connected homes--from video streaming to gaming across the ever-growing usage of smartphones and tablets for the family--Lowe’s is announcing a new product line for the connected home. The new product line will offer an assortment of routers and switches, as well as Wi-Fi range extenders and Powerline solutions to help expand network coverage for homeowners by leveraging existing home broadband wiring. Lowe’s plans to roll out the new home area network products to as many as 100 stores in the U.S. in the first half of 2013, with the full roll out later in the year.
“As the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world, Lowe’s recognizes the evolving needs of today’s homeowner and is well positioned to offer the widest breadth of compatible connected home products and services at an attractive price,” said Kevin Meagher, vice president and general manager of Smart Home at Lowe's. “Lowe’s Iris system is an excellent choice for homeowners and renters looking to install a system that improves the safety, efficiency and convenience of their daily lives. Iris is simple and affordable, and it will continue to evolve to manage more elements of the home through a tablet or smart phone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV