Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Retail sales may not yet be out of the woods, but Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Thursday that he'd be a buyer of Gap Stores (GPS) after the company both reported earnings and announced the acquisition of Intermix, a high-end retailer.
Cramer said Gap remains a well-run company and investors shouldn't be concerned the stock didn't immediately pop on the news. He said unlike a lot of retailers, there aren't a lot of investors shorting Gap, which makes for a more stable stock price.
Cramer said he likes that Gap will now have multiple brands under one roof, as Urban Outfitters (URBN) does, and would use any weakness in the stock to start a position.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV