Chris Christie Fills His Campaign Coffers
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's campaign announced Thursday that it raised more than $2.1 million since its official launch in November.
The popular Republican, who battled for unsuccessful presidential candidate Mitt Romney in 2012, has been vocal this week in condemning House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) and other members of Congress for having tabled legislation that would have provided funding for Hurricane Sandy victims, including those who live in his state.
"Governor Christie's campaign continues to gain momentum because New Jerseyans believe in his decisive leadership," said campaign strategist Mike DuHaime.
Christie's campaign likely got a boost of confidence in December when Newark, N.J., Mayor Cory Booker announced his intentions to explore a run for U.S. Senate instead of vying for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination.Christie, often mentioned as a potential candidate for president, filed papers in November for a second term as New Jersey governor. The campaign said that Christie's $2.1 million came in 36 days without the governor having attended a single fundraising event. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV