Corporate Board Member, an NYSE Euronext company, will hold the second annual West Coast Boardroom Summit on February 26-27, 2013 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ.
Open to all corporate directors, chief executive officers, board committee chairs, lead directors, general counsel, corporate secretaries, and other senior management who work closely with the board, the Summit will help boards better understand their fiduciary and compliance requirements and also enable them to play a more effective role in creating long-term value for their companies.
2013 West Coast Summit Speakers Include:
- Harvey Pitt, Former Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Glenn Booraem, Principal & Fund Controller, Vanguard Fund Financial Services
- James Johnson, Director, Ameren Corp. and Hanesbrands Inc.
- Ike Harris, Chairman of the Board, Cigna Corp.
- Jack Krol, Chairman of the Board, Delphi Automotive; Director, Tyco International Ltd.
- Patrick McGurn, Special Counsel, Institutional Shareholder Services
- Patricia Moss, Vice Chairman, Cascade Bancorp; Director, MDU Resources Group Inc.
- Brandon Rees, Acting Director, Office of Investment, AFL-CIO
- Dan Siciliano, Professor & Faculty Director, Arthur & Toni Rembe Rock Center for Corporate Governance, Stanford Law School
- Laura Stein, General Counsel, The Clorox Co.; Director, Franklin Resources Inc.
- The Hon. Paula Stern, Ph.D., Director, Avon Products Inc. and Rent-A-Center Inc.
“From developing strategy and overseeing risk to managing executive compensation and planning talent succession—all while balancing shareholders’ expectations and regulators’ demands—a director’s list of responsibilities seems endless.” said TK Kerstetter, chairman of Corporate Board Member. “Add in emerging technologies that are changing the way companies do business along with political and regulatory influences both domestically and internationally, and you have a recipe for director overload. Our goal is to help directors get their arms around the critical issues to better fulfill their fiduciary duties to shareholders.”