- Company to request end of Phase 2 meeting with FDA during Q1 2013
- Consistent efficacy after 4 months of treatment at 12 mg vaginal dose
- Overall good benefit risk ratio for 12 mg dose
THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Jan. 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Repros Therapeutics Inc. ® (Nasdaq:RPRX) today reported top line results from its Phase 2 study of vaginally administered Proellex in the treatment of symptomatic fibroids. The results from the study suggest the 12 mg dose may provide clinical benefit to women suffering from symptomatic uterine fibroids. The Company plans to request an end of Phase 2 meeting with the FDA as soon as practicable.
The primary endpoint in the study was change in Pictorial Blood Loss Assessment (PBAC). Secondary endpoints included change in Uterine Fibroid Symptom Quality of Life (UFSQOL) and change in fibroid volume by MRI assessment.
A total of 40 women were enrolled into the study into one of four groups, 3 mg (n=9), 6 mg (n=9), 12 mg (n=12) and 24 mg (n=10). The following table reports the data from those subjects that completed the study. Unexpectedly, the 24 mg dose exhibited lower exposure than the 12 mg dose which, the Company believes, may result from the hydrophobic nature of the active ingredient and the low volume of excipient used in order to prevent vaginal leakage. Based on these findings, the Company plans to only pursue the 12 mg dose in Phase 3. The MRI report for the 24 mg end of dosing visit is not available at this time but is not expected to be an improvement on the 12 mg dose. In the table, the larger the reduction (negative number), the better the result.
|Dose (n=subjects completing study)||Mean % Change in PBAC (StDev)||Mean % Change in UFSQOL (StDev)||Mean % Change in Fibroid Volume (StDev)|
|3 mg (n=8)||-58.3 (40.4)||-59.3 (41.35)||1 (17.78)|
|6 mg (n=7)||56.8 (139.3)||-6.47 (72.5)||-3.1 (20.04)|
|12 mg (n=11)||-84.6 (24.9)||-79.1 (31.72)||-28.0 (13.3)|
|24 mg (n=5)||-85.5 (20.4)||-65 (78.3)||Not available|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV