In the news release, Alcatel-Lucent showcases a dozen new cloud-based service concepts involving 26 ng Connect Program members at CES 2013, issued
by Alcatel-Lucent over PR Newswire, we are advised by the company that the wrong version of the release was distributed and some of the hyperlinks were incorrect. The complete, corrected release follows:
Alcatel-Lucent showcases 12 new cloud-based ng Connect service concepts at CES 2013
Sprint joins more than 190 member companies as first North American service provider in ng Connect Program
Jan. 3, 2013
(Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) will be demonstrating 12 new cloud-based service concepts created by its
ng Connect Program
at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show, South Hall Booth 31412, showcasing new ideas aimed at stimulating application innovation as consumers seek ever more exciting experiences from connected devices like smartphones and tablets.
The ng Connect Program - founded by Alcatel-Lucent - is a multi-industry 'ecosystem' dedicated to the creation of the next-generation user experience for connected consumers. The program is comprised of more than 190 member companies, of either Contributing or Associate membership levels, and including leading network, application and content providers and consumer electronics manufacturers. Among the most recent members to join the ng Connect ecosystem is Sprint, the first
service provider to become part of the program.
Service concepts demonstrated at CES 2013 include:
Alcatel-Lucent products featured in the demos include
- Interactive digital signage platforms featuring cloud-based services for public venues and retailers.
- Cloud-connected tables serving advertising, entertainment, and media in transitional waiting spaces such as airports and train stations.
- Energy management applications to enable utilities to offer customers a customized service that monitors and adjusts high-consumption home appliances without losing comfort or convenience.
- Connected service vehicle featuring a Ford Transit van equipped with broadband technologies and cloud-based applications connecting mobile workers.
- Connected health and wellness cloud-based services that bridge the gap between consumer personalized health and wellness programs and professional, secure telehealth services.
- Cloud-based learning platforms that empower teachers, while engaging students in a 21 st century learning environment, as well as enterprise learning.
- Communications Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that make application development easy and quickly without having to delve into the underlying IMS technology.
- An open standards-based public safety service concept that leverages commercial offerings for enhanced capabilities, such as vehicle tracking and surveillance, and significantly lower costs.
Digital Media Store
, Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON),
New Conversation APIs
, and Velocix.
New members of ng Connect
New members to the ng Connect program represent a wide range of industries and business, including a major North American service provider, a utility and a host of applications developers, including:
Commenting on ng Connect overall:
, VP, Emerging Technology & Innovation for Alcatel-Lucent, said: "The next generation ecosystem goes beyond traditional players — it also includes innovators in media, entertainment, consumer electronics and other sectors. The ng Connect Program brings together all these kinds of companies to overcome the technical and business barriers preventing service providers from mass deployment of the services their customers want."
Commenting on Sprint joining the ecosystem:
, Director, Innovation and Advanced Labs, Sprint said: "Sprint has demonstrated a strong commitment to collaboration with start-ups, venture capitalists, trade organizations and wireless business partners to drive innovation. In 2012, we
Sprint Technology Development & Strategy team that is dedicated to seeking out and directly engaging start-ups and innovators working on emerging products, services and technology from around the globe. We see our involvement with the ng Connect program as another way to collaborate with start-ups to help them to not only develop, but also extend the reach of their products."
2013 CES Virtual Press Page
ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU)
The long-trusted partner of service providers, enterprises and governments around the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a leading innovator in the field of networking and communications technology, products and services. The company is home to
, one of the world's foremost research centers, responsible for breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry. Alcatel-Lucent was named one of MIT
2012 Top 50 list of the "World's Most Innovative Companies" for breakthroughs such as lightRadio™, which cuts power consumption and operating costs on wireless networks while delivering lightning fast Internet access. Through such innovations, Alcatel-Lucent is making communications more sustainable, more affordable and more accessible as we pursue our mission - Realizing the Potential of a Connected World.
With operations in more than 130 countries and one of the most experienced global services organizations in the industry, Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with global reach. The Company achieved revenues of
Euro 15.3 billion
in 2011 and is incorporated in
and headquartered in
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on:
, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog
and follow the Company on Twitter: