Five Families to be Rewarded for their Comprehensive Lifestyle Changes and Compete for a Free Family Vacation at Triple Play Fit Family Challenge Event in LA
ATLANTA, Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As millions resolve to get fit this New Year, five families are getting a head start at conquering their fitness goals. These Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) families have competed against more than 200 other Club families from across the U.S. in the 3 rd Annual Triple Play Fit Family Challenge – investing months to eat a more balanced diet, become more physically active and spend more quality time together.
The "Final Five" have earned their way to the Finale Event, which takes place in Los Angeles, Calif. on Saturday, January 12, 2013. There, they will meet Boys & Girls Club alumna and three-time Track & Field Olympic Medalist Jackie Joyner-Kersee and face off to determine one Fit Family Challenge winning family. The Fit Family Challenge encompasses all three elements of BGCA's signature Triple Play program – Mind (healthy eating), Body (physical activity) and Soul (healthy relationships) – and is supported at Boys & Girls Clubs around the country by Coca-Cola and the WellPoint Foundation.At the Finale Event, the Final Five will put their Fit Family Challenge training to use by navigating through a challenging obstacle course, competing in a nutrition quiz show and participating in a family talent show that reflects the principles they learned during the Challenge. In addition to the all-expense paid trip to Los Angeles, all five families will receive gift bags with prizes from BGCA, Coca-Cola and the WellPoint Foundation to help them continue on their fitness journey. One winning family will also receive an all-expense paid family vacation to the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. "Even though only one family will be selected to win the Triple Play Fit Family Challenge, I see all five of these families as winners," said Jackie Joyner-Kersee, who will host the Finale Event. "For nearly three months, each of them has made simple, but significant changes to incorporate healthy eating habits and physical activity into their everyday lives – and best of all, they've done it as a family! As a Club alumna and a champion for fitness, I am proud to stand with Boys & Girls Clubs of America in celebrating these families and I can't wait to see who finishes on top." The Final Five were selected for their level of commitment to incorporating Triple Play principles in their everyday lives – with many participating in at least five days of physical activity as a family; making meal adjustments such as drinking more water or incorporating healthy salads into meals; and spending more quality time as a family by playing board games or hosting family themed nights. The five families include:
- The Austin family has four participating family members, they attend the Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County and they are from Fort Collins, Colo.
- The Bonds family has three participating family members, they attend the Boys & Girls Clubs of Hawaii and they are from Honolulu, Hawaii
- The Garner/Grey family has three participating family members, they attend the Boys & Girls Clubs of Smoky Mountains and they are from Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- The Lang-Brown family has six participating family members and they are from the Oshkosh Boys & Girls Clubs in Oshkosh, Wis.
- The Takanishi family has four participating family members, they attend the Boys & Girls Clubs of Hawaii and they are from Honolulu, Hawaii
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts