Jackson National Life Insurance Company ® (Jackson ®), a leading provider of retirement solutions with assets of $129.9 billion, announced today an extensive list of alternative investments training opportunities for financial advisors in 2013 with a focus on understanding alternative asset classes. With more than 400 educational events held in 2012, Jackson established itself as a leader in alternatives education, a growing area in portfolio planning.
“Although financial advisors continue to seek ways to incorporate alternatives within client portfolios, many are unclear on how to effectively utilize these asset classes and confidently explain alternatives to their clients,” said Clifford Jack, executive vice president and head of retail for Jackson. “At Jackson, we are dedicated to educating representatives on alternative investments so they may help their clients consider new ways to manage risk in their portfolios.”
Jackson’s alternative investments educational campaign kicked off in March 2012 and includes a microsite ( www.elite-access.com), regional seminars, webcasts, training programs, multimedia marketing materials and an upgrade to Jackson’s Portfolio Construction Tool to include alternative asset classes and correlation analysis.
In addition, Jackson hosted the following events in 2012:
- 130 Continuing Education courses for more than 3,500 advisors including certifications for State Insurance; Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA); Certified Financial Planner (CFP); Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU); and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- 115 educational seminars in Q1 attended by nearly 4,000 financial advisors explaining the need for alternatives in an investor’s portfolio
- 114 educational seminars in Q3 and Q4 attended by nearly 4,000 financial advisors focusing on how to incorporate alternatives into client portfolios
- Monthly Alternative Investment Conference Calls that provided insight into a particular alternative strategy, explaining the strategy’s effectiveness and its impact on a portfolio
- Seven two-day, deep-dive alternative training events for 500 advisors which offered an in-depth look at multiple alternative strategies, portfolio construction and taxation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV