WOOD DALE, Ill., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AAR Corp. (NYSE: AIR) announced today that pursuant to the terms of the indenture, holders of AAR's 1.75% Convertible Senior Notes due 2026 (the "Securities") have the right to surrender their Securities for purchase by AAR (the "Put Option"). The Put Option expires on January 31, 2013. The purchase is being made on the terms and subject to the conditions set forth in the Put Right Purchase Offer (the "Purchase Offer") dated January 3, 2013.
The Put Option entitles each holder of the Securities to surrender to AAR for purchase all or any part of such holder's Securities at a purchase price equal to 100% of the principal amount, plus accrued and unpaid interest.
AAR will pay the purchase price solely with cash. If all outstanding Securities are surrendered for purchase pursuant to the Put Option, the aggregate purchase price will be approximately $88.1 million. Holders that do not surrender their Securities for purchase pursuant to the Put Option will maintain the right to convert their Securities, subject to the terms, conditions and adjustments applicable to the Securities.
Also in accordance with the terms of the Securities, holders of record as of January 15, 2013 will receive payment on February 1, 2013 of the regularly scheduled interest payment for interest accrued up to, but not including, the purchase date.The opportunity to surrender Securities for purchase pursuant to the Put Option will commence on Thursday, January 3, 2013, and will terminate at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on Thursday, January 31, 2013. In order to exercise the Put Option, a holder must follow the procedures set forth in the applicable notice to holders. Holders may withdraw any Securities previously surrendered for purchase at any time prior to 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on Thursday, January 31, 2013. U.S. Bank National Association is the paying agent for the transaction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV