Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE: JWN) today reported an 8.6 percent increase in same-store sales for the five-week period ended December 29, 2012 compared with the five-week period ended December 31, 2011. Preliminary total retail sales of $1.72 billion for December 2012 increased 9.4 percent compared with total retail sales of $1.57 billion for the same period in fiscal 2011.
Quarter-to-date same-store sales increased 5.1 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2011. Preliminary quarter-to-date total retail sales of $2.65 billion increased 6.6 percent compared with total retail sales of $2.48 billion for the same period in fiscal 2011.
Year-to-date same-store sales increased 7.0 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2011. Preliminary year-to-date total retail sales of $10.81 billion increased 10.2 percent compared with total retail sales of $9.81 billion for the same period in fiscal 2011.
SALES RECORDINGTo hear Nordstrom’s pre-recorded December sales message, please dial (402) 220-6036 beginning today at 8:40 a.m. EST. This recording will be available for one week.
|DECEMBER SALES RESULTS|
|(unaudited; $ in millions)|
|Total Retail Sales||Same-store Sales|
|Number of stores||Dec-12||Dec-11|
|Nordstrom Rack and other||123||108|
|Gross square footage||25,290,000||24,744,000|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV