NEW YORK, Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MELA Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: MELA), the medical device company that developed MelaFind®, a breakthrough device intended to help dermatologists detect melanoma when it is still curable, announced today that it has named Rpr Marketing Communications as its U.S. public relations agency of record.
"This partnership is a natural fit given both companies' unique expertise in skin cancer detection," said Joseph V. Gulfo, MD, President & CEO of MELA Sciences. "By driving awareness around melanoma detection, including the importance of annual mole checks and advanced diagnostic tools like MelaFind, we hope to help eradicate this deadly epidemic."
Rpr Marketing Communications will provide a full range of marketing communications based services, including consumer and professional media relations, corporate communications, professional meeting strategy and special initiative management. The New York City based agency has extensive experience within the aesthetic medicine, personal care and skincare industries, with proven success in the skin cancer awareness community."We planned to engage a marketing communications firm in the second half of our launch year to help us achieve our goals," said Dr. Gulfo. "We chose Rpr after our search process because of their proven track record of widespread brand acceptance and adoption of products within our space. Nearly one in five people are likely to get skin cancer this year. There are an estimated 130,000 new cases of melanoma diagnosed in the U.S. every year and according to the National Institutes of Health, 16 percent are diagnosed only after the disease has spread to other parts of the body. Nearly all patients diagnosed with early-stage melanoma can be treated and cured, but 85 percent of patients with late-stage melanoma die from it within five years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV