Asia Entertainment & Resources Ltd. (“AERL”) (NASDAQ: AERL), which operates through its subsidiaries and related promoter companies as a VIP room gaming promoter, today announced unaudited Rolling Chip Turnover (as defined below) for the month of December 2012 at the company’s VIP rooms in Macau was US$1.30 billion, down 26% year-over-year, compared to US$1.76 billion for the month of December 2011. This compares with a year-over-year increase in overall gross gaming revenue for Macau of 20% for December 2012. Win rate for the month of December 2012 was 2.62%.
For 2012, AERL’s Rolling Chip Turnover was US$18.23 billion (an average of $1.52 billion per month), down 9% year-over-year, compared to US$19.93 billion (an average of $1.66 billion per month) for 2011. Overall, Macau gross gaming revenue increased 14% for 2012.
The decline in Rolling Chip Turnover was attributable to the Company’s self-directed tightening of credit to agents due to the slowing economy in China.
The Company’s VIP rooms are primarily focused on high stakes baccarat. Baccarat accounts for approximately 88% of total Macau casino winnings according to the Macau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ). In Macau, two remuneration methods are used to compensate VIP room gaming promoters. On a fixed commission basis, VIP room gaming promoter revenues are based on an agreed percentage of Rolling Chip Turnover. On a win/loss split basis, the VIP room gaming promoter receives an agreed percentage of the “win” in the VIP gaming room (plus certain incentive allowances), and is required to also bear the same percentage of losses that might be incurred. Compared to the fixed commission basis, the win/loss split basis subjects the VIP room gaming promoter to the risk of losses from the gaming patron’s activity and greater volatility.As of September 1, 2012, all AERL VIP rooms are on a revenue sharing remuneration model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV