Spain's Jobless Numbers Go Down In December
MADRID (AP) â¿¿ The number of people registered as unemployed in Spain has gone down, bringing some cheer as the country looks to emerge from recession in 2013.
Labor Ministry figures released Thursday showed the registered jobless figure dropped by 59,094 in December compared to November, making for a rounded total of 4.8 million people listed as unemployed.
Spain is in the throes of its second recession in just over three years. Its economy has been battered by a collapse in the once-key real estate sector.
Over the whole year, some 426,000 people joined the unemployed ranks, an increase of 9.6 percent on 2011.Spain's unemployment rate was at 25 percent at the end of the third quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV