Salesforce.com had a record quarter, during which the company posted 35% revenue growth reaching $788 million, or 33 cents per share. The performance was helped by better than expected showing in the company's services support and subscription business, which grew 35% year over year.
Equally impressive was the company's 20% year-over-year growth in operating income, which surged 20%. The company continues to grow various business segments such as professional services at an annual rate of over 30%, all of which contributed to an 18% jump in operating income. But the company said the best is yet to come, projecting guidance of $4 billion in revenue.
That stock should be bought on that basis alone. Aside from 35% revenue growth, management is showing incredible confidence in the company's business. Executives don't go out of their way to apply pressure on themselves if they don't really believe the goal is realistic. What it says is that "we have this thing figured out."
Impressively, despite its high forward P/E of 85, the company continues to prove not only that it can grow into its valuation, but it's willing to raise the bar in the process.Perhaps the bear concerns about profits just might be overblown -- at least for now. The stock should reach $200 by the second half of 2013. At the time of publication, the author held no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @rsaintvilus This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV