Base price: $28,650
Nissan redesigned the seven-passenger Pathfinder radically for 2013, changing it from a rugged sport utility vehicle with good off-road capabilities into a more refined model that emphasizes comfort over toughness.
To begin with, the Japanese automaker switched the Pathfinder from a truck chassis to a car-based platform -- allowing for smoother driving, 500 pounds less weight and better fuel efficiency.Nissan also boosted the fourth-generation Pathfinder's mpg by adding front-wheel drive, a continuously variable transmission and an improved 260-horsepower V-6 engine as standard equipment. All told, the 2013 2WD model gets an estimated 22 mpg combined city/highway mileage -- 30% better than the 2012. The improved efficiency comes despite the fact that the new Pathfinder has 8.4 cubic feet more interior space than its 2012 predecessor. Nissan also added convenient "EZ Flex" seating -- second-row seats that slide 5.5 inches forward to make accessing the model's third row easier. Additionally, the second- and third-row seats fold flat for added cargo capacity. "The Pathfinder's exterior redesign is very handsome, and its new interior is much better in terms of usability," Nerad says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV