Small wonder Washington, D.C., has us increasing federal spending to an average of at least $4.6 trillion for each the next 10 years. If it doesn't cost anything, why not? And why stop there? Why not $5 trillion per year? $6 trillion? Hey, pick any number you want.
Bottom line: If we return to a world where the laws of economic gravity come back to reality, the crash will be epic and sudden. Is there any way to protect yourself other than to buy GLD?
At the time of publication the author had a position in GLD.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV