Apple has set its first-quarter earnings release for Jan. 23, with a conference call at 5 P.M. EST to discuss the results. Wall Street will be paying close attention to sales figures for the iPhone and iPad, with the iPhone driving more than half of Apple's revenue in its most recent quarter.
The end of 2012 was not kind to Apple or its shareholders, as the company lost nearly 20% of its market cap in the final three months of the year. This was also Apple's busiest time of the year as the tech giant launched several new products.
Apple unveiled the iPhone 5 at a glitzy event in September, which TheStreet attended. Subsequently, in October, Apple updated nearly all of its products, announcing the iPad mini, a fourth-gen iPad, and multiple new Mac computers. TheStreet also attended this event.Apple iPad Mini: First Impressions Analysts are expecting a banner quarter for Apple, predicting the company will grow revenue 17.6% year-over-year. According to analysts polled by Thomson Reuters, Apple is expected to earn $13.33 a share on $54.5 billion in revenue. Shares of Apple rose in the first trading day of 2013, tacking on 3.17% to close at $549.03. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV