Jan. 2, 2012
weather is constantly changing from one extreme to another. With wintry weather and cold fronts expected at any time, Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network, offers the following tips to help Texans stay warm and use their wireless phones when it's cold outside:
More Information Available
About Verizon Wireless
- Don't be caught off guard by bad weather this winter season. Use your resources. Stay abreast of road conditions and school and business closings via your local news stations.
- Remember that cold weather can take a toll on your cell phone's battery life. Charge your battery completely prior to leaving home and use a car charger for the road. There's nothing worse than being stuck in traffic or stranded on an icy road with an uncharged phone. Consider investing in an extra battery to use as a backup or a car charger.
- Show your phone a little TLC. The cold weather can cause your display screen to become brittle if exposed to low temperatures for an extended period. Improper handling can damage the delicate screens. Be sure to cover your devices and tablets with a protective case.
- Consider adding finger flip gloves to your winter holiday wardrobe. Remember you can't dial or access the keyboard on a touch screen with gloves.
- Keep your phone in a warm place; avoid leaving it in an outside pocket, purse, backpack or in the car overnight.
- Download free winter apps to your phone from Google play™ such as:
- Chili Recipes – Discover hundreds of Chili recipes and spice it up with a new twist on your favorite pot of Texas chili.
- The Weather Channel – The app will alert you when a Severe Weather Warning has been issued in your area, so you'll know what kind of winter weather is headed for Texas.
- FlightTrack – Get real-time flight status for airlines worldwide with a single tap! The app will update you on flight cancellations and help you find alternatives.
- ShoppeHUB – This app allows you to make secure purchases of cold weather gear, including winter clothing.
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 96 million retail customers, including 90.4 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in
Basking Ridge, N.J.
, with more than 75,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit
. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at
SOURCE Verizon Wireless