Rear Admiral (ret.) Terry McKnight, Author Of Pirate Alley, Featured Speaker At National Press Club Inauguration Of Piracy Daily Web Publication
Focus: "Maritime Security: Today's Victories and Tomorrow's Challenges"
WASHINGTON, Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- January 8th will usher in the launching of Piracy Daily which, together with the already-published Piracy Daily Bulletin, is meant to provide critical understanding of a centuries-old (and the first-recognized) international crime against humanity—maritime piracy, a well-known but frequently misunderstood illegal activity that just late last year was elevated for full consideration by UN Security Council.
The new online Web site (
www.piracydaily.com / available this weekend) and the bi-weekly
Bulletin highlight key stories and interviews focusing on piracy issues worldwide.
The inaugural conference, "Maritime Security: Today's Victories and Tomorrow's Challenges," will have as its keynote speaker Rear Admiral Terry McKnight, USN (Ret.), author of Pirate Alley: Commanding Task Force 151 off Somalia .
AdvanFort, a recognized leader in global maritime security solutions, is sponsoring the conference.
The other confirmed participants are: -- Charles N. Dragonette, a recently-retired senior analyst on piracy at the U.S. Office of Naval Intelligence. -- John A. C. Cartner, the designated Proctor in Admiralty by the Maritime Law Association of the United States; a member of other state maritime law associations, and the principal author of The International Law of the Shipmaster. -- William H. (Will) Watson, vice president of government affairs and governor with the Maritime Security Council, where he represents the Maritime Industry on the National Council of ISACs (Information Sharing & Analysis Centers), and the president of AdvanFort.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV