The New Year has arrived and we will all be diligently trying to adhere to new years’ resolutions. As many of us think about lacing up our Nikes (NKE) to run that marathon or start cutting down on our consumption of Jack in the Box (JACK) waffle breakfast sandwiches for 2013, we may also want to look into cutting down on our own consumption of energy. In fact, that humming laptop you are currently using to do your Kapitall research is becoming one of the largest consumers of our own personal energy use footprint. Being an investor interested in environmental, social or governance issues (ESG), it is important to look at companies that are making efforts in offering products that are more energy efficient.
So, if you are in the market to purchase a new laptop and be eco-conscious while doing so, below is a list of the top 10 most energy efficient laptops being offered according to TopTen USA, one of the leading sources of independent information on the energy efficiency of household products.
The most energy-efficient computers, ranked by annual electricity consumed in typical usage:
Written by Dale Wannen, Kapitall’s ESG content expert.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV