Statement On The Fiscal Cliff Deal From Campaign To Fix The Debt Steering Committee Member And Honeywell CEO David Cote
WASHINGTON, Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- "The compromise to avert the fiscal cliff outlined by our leaders in Washington is a small step in the right direction, but overall it's a missed opportunity to revive our economy and show U.S. citizens, financial markets, the world, and the business community that the U.S. can still govern effectively. I urge our leaders to get back to the table as soon as possible, put politics aside, and work out a plan that will truly help to expand the U.S. economy over the long-term. We cannot give up now, that's not how a great nation acts. The components of a better, bigger deal are all there.
I am, however, encouraged by statements made by both Democrats and Republicans that more work still needs to be done. This work must include agreement on a market credible plan that further reduces the debt as a percentage of GDP, including meaningful entitlement and tax reform, and also addresses the looming debt ceiling. If this can be achieved, I still believe there's a chance for market confidence and stability in 2013, which will help to create jobs and deliver a more robust economic recovery."
For more information on the Campaign to Fix the Debt, please visit www.fixthedebt.org.
SOURCE Campaign to Fix the Debt
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV