We Did It! Hoback Drilling Leases Acquired From PXP; Lease Retirement Process Underway Thanks To Unprecedented Local Effort
"This is an enormously gratifying day. I want to express my heartfelt appreciation to Mr. Wyss, Mr. Ricketts, and all the citizens who worked diligently to protect this magnificent area. Energy workers, miners, ranchers, sportsmen, homeowners, and even musicians in our community came together, and this announcement is a direct result of their efforts. The work to protect the Wyoming Range is not complete, but this campaign has reached a successful and appropriate end," said Dan Smitherman, a former Marine and outfitter who works closely with Citizens for the Wyoming Range, a grassroots organization created to explore alternatives to drilling in the Hoback.
Founded in 1972, The Trust for Public Land is the leading nonprofit working to conserve land for people. Operating from more than 30 offices nationwide, The Trust for Public Land has protected more than three million acres from the inner city to the wilderness and helped generate more than $34 billion in public funds for conservation. Nearly ten million people live within a ten-minute walk of a Trust for Public Land park, garden, or natural area, and millions more visit these sites every year. Learn more at tpl.org ( http://www.tpl.org/).
The Wyss Foundation helps Western communities conserve iconic parks and landscapes for the public to experience and explore. The Foundation's work has included support for the Montana Legacy Project's efforts to permanently protect former Plum Creek timber lands in the Crown of the Continent as working forests, open for hunting, fishing, and recreation. Through the Wyss Scholars and Wyss Fellows programs, the Foundation also helps young people gain the education and experiences needed to pursue successful careers in natural resource stewardship.
SOURCE The Trust For Public Land
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV