Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --With the fiscal cliff adverted, at least for now, and the markets rallying on the news, should investors be joining the party? Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Monday that he is not buying into the rally.
Cramer said the important takeaways from the latest budget deal are that, first, capital gains and dividend taxes will remain at reasonable levels, and, second, the markets now have at least a little certainty going forward.
That said, Cramer noted earnings may be somewhat disappointing this quarter, and as a general rule he's never a buyer into 2% or 3% market rally.Instead, Cramer said he's using the market's recent strength to tidy up his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV