Highmark Inc. And Coordinated Health Announce New Contract That Benefits Members In The Lehigh Valley
CAMP HILL, Pa., Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Highmark Inc. and Coordinated Health of Bethlehem and Allentown, Pa. announced today that the companies have agreed on a new multi-year contract that will keep two Lehigh Valley hospitals in Highmark's hospital network. The new contract for Coordinated Health-Allentown Hospital and Coordinated Health-Bethlehem Hospital began on Jan. 1, 2013.
"It is important for our thousands of Highmark members in the Lehigh Valley to have access to these hospitals," said Matthew Vogel, vice president of provider contracting and relations at Highmark Blue Shield. "Access is one of Highmark's key tenets and it is essential to our group customers and members that they have a wide variety of choice when selecting health care providers. Coordinated Health also provides a consistently good value because of the high quality of services at a reasonable cost for our Highmark members."
Coordinated Health specializes in four practice areas – orthopedics and musculoskeletal care, cardiology, women's health and primary care – and is among the highest ranked in the state for total joint replacements. It has consistently been chosen as statewide and national leaders in three key measurements of value-based health care – patient satisfaction, quality and cost."We are very focused on taking excellent care of our patients. Highmark is a dominant insurance carrier in the region, and we are very pleased to continue to have its members use our hospitals," said Emil Dilorio, M.D., President and CEO of Coordinated Health. "Our goal is to balance the needs and concerns of our group customers and members with the need to provide fair reimbursement to an important health care facility and I am pleased to report we were able to accomplish that with our new contract," said Vogel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV