CT Health Exchange Seeks Qualified Health Plans (QHP) From Insurance Carriers
Over time the Exchange will develop a quality rating and performance metric that will relate quality of health care to relative cost of coverage.
Once the carriers notify the Exchange of their intent to participate, carriers will begin filing and reviewing plans with the Connecticut Insurance Department (CID). The CID must approve all forms and rates before a plan may be certified by the Exchange. At the conclusion of the process, expected to be in the second quarter of 2013, carriers who meet or exceed all the requirements will be announced.
About the Connecticut Health ExchangeThe Connecticut Health Exchange (the Exchange) was created by the Connecticut Legislature in 2011 and is a quasi-public agency to satisfy requirements of the federal Affordable Care Act. The mission of the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange is to increase the number of insured residents in Connecticut, promote health, lower costs and eliminate health disparities. Its vision is to provide an on-line eligibility, shopping and enrollment experience for state residents and small businesses.
The Exchange will ensure that participating health plans available during October 2013 open enrollment meet certain standards and facilitate competition and choices by rating the quality of each plan. Individuals and families buying coverage through exchanges may qualify for premium tax credits. The exchanges also will coordinate eligibility and enrollment with state Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Programs. More information is available by visiting www.ct.gov/hixSOURCE Connecticut Health Exchange
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV