Another corporate tax break extension consists of a 50 percent "bonus" depreciation rules for "qualified property." This allows companies to accelerate write-offs for depreciation of new equipment, a benefit that has been in place since 2008.
Also notable is an extension that enables small businesses to write off up to $500,000 in tangible personal property used actively for business purposes. Willens believes this credit will be a boon to the capital goods industry as it will encourage companies to accelerate purchases to benefit from the write-off.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV