Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:45 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Thursday:
Cramer noted how strong Biogen Idec (BIIB) stock is even though the company's ALS drug failed. "I think this is a great company," Cramer said. BIIB shares closed down 1.4% Thursday.
Surprised at Stifel Nicolaus upgrading both DR Horton (DHI) and Toll Brothers (TOL), Cramer said, "It's a bit late," then added, "This is the impetus behind the group going up." DHI and TOL both closed flat.Cramer thinks the Cisco (CSCO) upgrade to outperform by RBC is important. "Cisco is doing better than people think," he said. CSCO closed up 1%. Following another upgrade on Priceline.com (PCLN), Cramer called it "the last darling standing." PCLN was up 1.6%. Speaking about Huntsman (HUN), Cramer said its new CEO could stabilize and take the stock to $20 a share. HUN ended the day up 3.3%. By contrast, calling it the disaster du jour, Cramer pointed to the stock falloff at Mellanox Technologies (MLNX) after the CFO left. "Ask Herb Greenberg," he said of his CNBC colleague. "That's all you need to know." MLNX plummeted 17% Thursday. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Anthony Buccino in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV