400 Could Be Out Of Work As NC Carpet Plants Close
ABERDEEN, N.C. (AP) â¿¿ A carpet company says it is closing two plants this summer, leaving almost 400 workers without jobs in North Carolina's Moore and Scotland counties.
Gulistan Carpet told employees in a letter Friday it will file for bankruptcy and close its plants in Aberdeen and Wagram.
On its website, Gulistan traces its roots back to an Armenian textile importer who founded his business in Turkey in 1818. The company bought the carpet plant in Aberdeen in 1957 and is now owned by Hampton Capital Partners LLC.
Moore County Chamber of Commerce President Patrick Coughlin says his group is doing everything it can to help Gulistan find a buyer and try to save jobs.Moore County's unemployment rate was 8 percent in October, while Scotland County's rate was 15.7 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV