NEW YORK, Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BGC Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ: BGCP) ("BGC Partners," "BGC"), a leading global brokerage company primarily servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets, has acquired Frederick Ross Company, the oldest full-service commercial real estate firm in Denver, Colo., and partner of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank (NGKF) since 2010. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
NGKF CEO Barry M. Gosin said, "Frederick Ross Company has built an outstanding reputation in the Denver market and its desire to join NGKF is confirmation that our expanded platform offers clients the best real estate solutions in the industry. The team has benefited from the transformation that has taken place since Newmark and Grubb & Ellis became part of BGC and we will continue to work collaboratively to grow our presence in this important market. Personally, it's exciting to have a vision and clear objective to deliver the best solutions for our clients, and to see these come together with the addition of such a complementary group of professionals led by Jack Box and Kevin McCabe."
Jack Box, one of the region's most respected leaders and visionaries in commercial real estate, has served as president and chief executive officer of Frederick Ross Company for 24 years and will assume the title of chairman for this NGKF region."My relationship with Newmark dates back to the 1990s and I've always had a great deal of respect for the expertise and commitment the firm brings to each and every assignment," said Mr. Box. "I've worked closely with executive management and know that our company values and integrity run parallel. I can say with confidence that the Frederick Ross Company's 125-year legacy is in great hands, and the future never looked better."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV