For Dole’s 2013 projected Adjusted EBITDA included in this release, only share-based compensation expense has been added to EBITDA in calculating Adjusted EBITDA. The other eight factors, above, are not expected to be applicable to the new Dole or cannot now be estimated with reasonable precision; therefore, they are not reflected in 2013 projected EBITDA, and thus cannot be added or subtracted back in calculating 2013 Adjusted EBITDA. Potential resolutions of the Honduras tax case, the European Union Antitrust Inquiry and the DBCP cases have not been reflected in the 2013 Adjusted EBITDA projections.
Adjusted EBITDA has limitations as an analytical tool. It is not calculated or presented in accordance with U.S. GAAP and is not a substitute for net income attributable to Dole Food Company, Inc., net income, income from continuing operations, cash flows from operating activities or any other measure prescribed by U.S. GAAP. Further, Adjusted EBITDA as used herein is not necessarily comparable to similarly titled measures of other companies. However, Dole has included this measure because management believes that they are useful performance measures for Dole and for securities analysts, investors and others in the evaluation of Dole. Dole compensates for these limitations by relying primarily on U.S. GAAP results and using EBITDA only supplementally.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV