Back for the second year, Tyson Foods, makers of Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken and beef products, is kicking-off 2013 with the 30 Days, 30 Ways, 30 Rewards Program to empower users to make and stick to their smart-eating resolutions. Teaming up with Tyson Foods again, guilt-free food expert Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien will bring meal ideas – all under 400 calories per serving – and expert advice to users daily through the click of a mouse. Starting January 1, users can visit Facebook.com/GrilledAndReady, and each day, a new recipe, tip and prize will be revealed to provide participants with fresh ideas and inspiration.
Users can find guilt-free, quick-to-prepare Hungry Girl recipes like a Too-Good Chicken Torta or Greek Chicken Tacos, made with high quality Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken. Daily tips will cover a variety of topics from fitness and health to smart eating. Prizes range from exercise equipment, cookware and gift cards to Hungry Girl™ books, Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products and more.
According to Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien, “Eating right shouldn’t feel like a constant, daily battle. You’d be surprised to know that by making simple changes to your diet, like using 98 percent fat free Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken, you can achieve the results you want and turn good daily practices into great lifetime habits.” A few tips from Lillien to reach your end goal include:
- Identify Small Changes You Can Stick To: When making changes to your daily habits, keep them small, yet effective. Take walks on your lunch break, and have a side salad with your fast-food order instead of fries. Once you master that, push yourself a little further... Maybe go jogging, and have a grilled chicken sandwich instead of that burger!
- Prepare for Those Time-Crunched Moments: Most of us are short on time, so having items in the kitchen that are smart choices but quick-to-make can save your waistline. Tyson® Grilled & Ready ® products are fully cooked with a delicious grilled taste, so you don’t have to stress about the prep work – it’s already been done for you. Just add a serving of high-fiber pasta and lots of veggies or a salad, and you've got a wholesome, guilt-free meal in no time.
- Swap Out Regular Staples for More Wholesome Versions: Sandwiches are fast, but ordinary bread can be high in calories (and a little boring!). Look for high-fiber pitas, 100-calorie flat sandwich buns, and even light English muffins. Or skip the carbs altogether and use giant lettuce leaves -- quick and easy!
Tyson Foods is also helping women overcome common food struggles by sharing the stories of three real women to motivate others to join the program . These women all represent common issues associated with different food personalities: time-crunched, willpower-challenged and the all-around food lover. To inspire other women to commit to healthful changes, these women will track their progress online through the program’s Facebook page so women across the country can take the journey together.“We want to show women that all it takes to make health-conscious changes in the New Year is a few small adjustments to their diets to create a larger, long-term impact,” says Alicia Mosley, Senior Brand Manager for Tyson Foods . “ Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products are available both in the refrigerated and frozen sections of your grocery store. They are the easy and nutritious ways to prepare meals at home without sacrificing quality or taste to maintain a well-balanced lifestyle.” Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken is 98 percent fat free and has no preservatives, making it a delicious and smart way to make eating right part of your routine. There are also Grilled & Ready® beef products available. Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products are conveniently packaged, so women can use what they need to create delicious and smart meals in minutes, and the rest stays fresh for the next quick-fix dish. The line includes Chicken Breast Strips, Chicken Breast Fillets, Fajita Chicken Breast Strips, Honey BBQ Seasoned Chicken Breast Strips , Chicken Breast Chunks, Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast, Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips and Seasoned Steak Strips. For more information on Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products and the 30 Days, 30 Ways, 30 Rewards Program, please visit: www.GrilledAndReady.com and Facebook.com/GrilledAndReady. About Tyson Foods, Inc. Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN), founded in 1935 with headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas, is one of the world's largest processors and marketers of chicken, beef and pork, the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500 and a member of the S&P 500. The company produces a wide variety of protein-based and prepared food products and is the recognized market leader in the retail and foodservice markets it serves. Tyson provides products and services to customers throughout the United States and approximately 90 countries. The company has approximately 115,000 Team Members employed at more than 400 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV