Another strong anchor and booyah play is Healthcare Trust of America (HTA). Again, another Cramer pick as he interviewed HTA's CEO, Scott Peters, on Nov. 29. I like Cramer because he knows how to pick the new kids on the block and the stalwart brands.
Scottsdale, Ariz.-based HTA, considered a new kid, listed as a public REIT last year, has begun to carve out a niche in medical office buildings. Just a few days ago Wells Fargo issued an outperform rating on the $2.122 billion (market cap) company with shares trading at $9.90. Wells believes the shares could reach $11.50 (I do too) with a steady and reliable dividend yield of 5.81%.
Booyah loves steady dividends and he certainly picked a great guest when he interviewed Steve Tanger, CEO of Tanger Factory Outlet Centers (SKT). Forget the fact that Tanger and I are both Carolina boys. The Greensboro, N.C. company has built an impressive track record of paying dividends. So impressive that Tanger will soon be inducted into S&P's, dividend aristocrat club -- meaning Tanger will have paid consecutive and increased dividends for more than 20 years in a row.
There are just a handful of other REITs that enjoy the same record as Tanger and what is most impressive is the fact that the stalwart performer kept paying (and increasing) during one of the worst economic markets of all time. Tanger, rated BBB by S&P, has a current market cap of $3.212 billion with shares currently trading at $34.20. The dividend yield is a modest 2.46%; however, the company easily beat the S&P 500 performance with a year-over-year total return of 19.8%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV