Pembrokeshire County Council is the governing body for Pembrokeshire, one of the principal areas of Wales. It consists of more than 200 geographically dispersed sites and has 6,000 employees. Operating with a limited budget and limited personnel, the Council needed to increase the efficiency of its IT staff and improve the management and tracking of IT assets throughout their lifecycle.
The Council selected BMC Track-It! help desk software from BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) because the product could clearly meet its needs and had an excellent reputation as the world’s most widely installed help desk solution.
“The BMC Track-It! software gives us an array of benefits: asset management, remote access, licensing, self-service and critically, the ability to manage the 2,000 calls a month we receive more effectively,” said David Parry-Price, service desk special projects manager at Pembrokeshire County Council.
Parry-Price added, “We have a number of facilities that our technicians have to visit, so the remote client control facility available through BMC Track-It! software is invaluable.”The Challenge Pembrokeshire needed to prioritize and respond to help desk calls more effectively, reduce the time spent on low priority calls and travel, as well as improve asset tracking. The Solution The Council selected the BMC Track-It! solution to enable self-service for users, control assets remotely and obtain comprehensive asset management for auditing purposes. Benefits With the BMC Track-It! solution, Pembrokeshire achieved important benefits. The Council:
- Reduced the number of calls IT staff had to handle by implementing self-service capabilities
- Reduced travel time for technicians via remote asset management
- Enabled 100 percent tracking of IT assets throughout their entire lifecycle
- Improved its ability to meet service-level agreements
- Read the full Pembrokeshire case study
- Access the BMC Track-It! community
- Visit the On the Mark blog
- Follow @BMCSoftware on Twitter
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook