Research In Motion and Sirius XM information has been added to this story; share prices have been updated.
The tech giant's shares ended the last trading session of 2012 up 4.43% as investors eye a big 2013 from the iPhone and iPad maker.
Facebook (FB) was another winner in premarket trading, rising 2.56% to $27.30, lifted by positive analyst sentiment.BMO Capital Markets recently upgraded the social networker to outperform, citing expectations of accelerating ad revenue. Facebook shares closed up 2.73% on Monday, the last trading day of 2012. HP (HPQ), which saw its shares slump more than 44% during 2012, is also rallying. The No. 1 PC maker's stock rose 2.46% to $14.60 before market open after ending Monday's session up 4.17%. Intel (INTC) also is continuing its recent momentum, rising 1.5% to $20.93 before market open. The chip giant's stock ended Monday's session up 1.93%. Research In Motion (RIMM), which will unveil its new BlackBerry 10 offerings later this month, is up 3.56% to $12.29 in premarket trading on Wednesday. The handset maker's stock ended Monday up 0.68%. Microsoft (MSFT) shares, which gained 0.6% on Monday, are up 1.65% to $27.15 in premarket trading. Sirius XM (SIRI) shares rose 2.08% to $2.95 before market open on Wednesday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV